Saturday, August 2, 2008

Ramblings...

Enter stage right...

I've been waiting for you...

What's the rush?

We have business to discuss...

What's the point? It's not like we're really going anywhere...

It's not about the where...it's about how we travel.

Worlds go by and time travels in still images in our memories but if we are not mindful...mindful of the moment we are in...continuously...then we loose the most important lesson we can internalize...

Mindfulness is difficult at best, especially if a person is fully integrated into their mind...or their "ego" according to Eckhart Tolle, and realistically...who isn't? Shutting the world out is much easier than turning off one's thinking. But if one is to find balance, peace, serenity, and as Tolle puts it...space...then we have to be able to turn off that incessant thinking. It's always something. Always...something.

There are a lot of theories and opinions like most things. But what I ponder on...what I really wonder about...is the depth of my self and that "space" in an ever and ongoing search for personal learning and growth. How finite is that space and how vast it is...is a big question...because when I get glimpses of it, I find it an eye opening and exciting experience, but also a bit frightening. Maybe I just haven't accepted a premise yet but I feel very much like I stand on a threshold looking over something larger than an ocean, and it makes me feel excited and uneasy.

As I lay in bed this morning my mind was racing and it wasn't even light yet...maybe 4:30 AM...and it is Saturday morning...I told myself I don't want to think about that...I don't want to think about that either...give me space...just remember...space...and I could get it for a second or two and another thought would muck it up...and I would either be back thinking about something else or fighting the urge to think about something and searching for space and peace again. I eventually fell back to sleep and I dreamt but I awoke to the same fight...several issues...same problem...stress.

I know that the more I stress...the more I harm myself. I know that I have habits that could and should be bettered. I know that without staying mindful about what I am thinking, what I eat, what I am doing to "do" in my life, what I am planning for, working for, hoping for, and what I am expecting, I will do more to harm myself than help myself.

Mindful about health, mindful about wealth, mindful about how I feel, mindful about my relationships, and mindful about what my focus is on.

When you lose your focus...you have a problem. When you are not mindful...you do not have peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What influences focus? What methods control the direction and clarity of focus? Can your focus be controlled?

Lets note that some crucial assumptions have been made:
That lose of focus is problematic and mindfulness achieves peace. And travel is not about where but how…

Think, think, think… well what’s wrong with think!

FOCUS
If your focus shifts toward the things in life that stress you, is attenuation of that focus necessarily the better option? Can we except that inner peace is a component, one part of a whole. Can we except that peace is not unlike weather and climate and is subject to change? Some regions will be predominantly more hot and dry, while others more humid and rainy. And so on. If we can accept this analogous comparison as factually true. Then perhaps we find a need to focus on the study of climate patterns for various locations. Rather, than pondering for a means to affect change on what we find ourselves subjected to. That is to say, you can hope to achieve control over the innumerable mechanisms that control your focus or the innumerable features which to focus on. But perhaps, a change in perspective/aspect may be more productive.

Bound, bound, bound and rebound…

MINDFULL
Perhaps, another important point to ponder is the incessant need to express a desire for personal growth? To ponder on pondering and think on thinking, what we think as we ponder if pondering is stressing… on and on and on …
Is it really an important time consuming task that makes our lives…? Personal growth.
Or do we find it easier to lay claims on an abstract concept as the centerpiece of our lives, focus and conversation. In order to better avoid concrete and factual explanations for not having better ways to utilizes our limited time and abilities. As we lie, starring at the ceiling … wonder why your journey in a infinite universe regularly takes you no further then 10 minutes from were you begin and end each day.