Sunday, August 10, 2008

A good idea...I hope.

So...I gotta tell ya...I am having a good time writing these days...and it has been inspiring. Heather (my lovely wife) told me I should write a book, and although the idea is not a new one...her directive to me was, because it was more urgent and in some ways as if she were in part challenging me...and in part telling me that she would help me if I wanted to really accomplish this as well as market it...a directive that felt to me it was with some teeth and opportunity.

So I sat down and came up with a little over 40 subjects that I am interested in writing about. Some semblance of a plan I guess you could say. I let Heather know I had accomplished this first step and she was supportive. I sent her the list and...well...she never really read it above a quick skip through it...but she was supportive...and I was still inspired so...as a next step I made a choice about which of the 40+ subjects I would start writing about...and then I started writing. I wrote almost four pages on that first subject and felt pretty good about it.

It is still a little rough when I read it back now...but it is good and overall I like what I wrote. I will be doing a rewrite of it before I feel it is finalized. I sent that to Heather as well but frankly she has been so busy with photo projects and Moomp Photography business that she hasn't been able to read it. I am OK with that because I know she is still supporting me...and I want to support her in our business.

I felt so good about that first writing that I decided to keep the momentum going...and I picked a second subject on my list. I wrote on that subject as well. This time I got almost through a fifth page. The second subject read even better than the first to me and I am sure I will need to rewrite some of it as well...I have already edited it somewhat and rewritten pieces of it...and I am happy with it's direction. I again told Heather about it but things are the way they are currently with our time and again I understand.

I wanted to keep going and so I again went to my list. I am still interested in everything on it...but nothing jumped out at me this time so I asked myself...what do I want to say right now? I picked a subject not on my list so I added the subject to my list and started to write. I wrote again...almost four pages...and again I was happy with the outcome.

I don't know that any of my subjects are finished yet and I don't have a completed idea of exactly what I am doing with it or specifically where I am going with it but I know that so far...there is a common thread and theme which means that up to this point there is some cohesion.

I am writing a book!

I guess the "subjects" I am writing now could be considered chapters...and frankly I understand that I am going about this in a backwards way...because I am writing chapters before I even have a planned out direction or theme...but I am motivated and feeling good about the work right now. I think that with some of the subjects I chose on my list...and the direction I have in my professional and personal life...I guess I could say I am writing some sort of a self-help book. Pretty closely related to the things I have blogged about.

So for those two of you that like to check in from time to time on my ramblings in this here blog...I will invite you to introduce the idea of reading me in a somewhat different light. In other words...if you like what is written in this blog...maybe you will follow me into a book...where I will ramble on...the way I do...dot dot dot :)

What do you say? Anyone interested?

I just gotta know ;)

5 comments:

Gina said...

Rofl... and yes, interested, and I was reading early on in the post telling myself to comment on MY IDEA for your book, which you already did...LOL
Cool beans I say. I am well aware of Heathers dare tactics... its a good thing. Ihave 2 books going now, one is a cook book with quips, the other, 7 whole chapters of Journey to a Harvest Moon. Someday I will finish it... I do keep hard copies of each of my writings, then those get compiled and put into a chapter on whatever subject. The content? Who knows... Erma Bombeck on steroids? Good luck, Im rottin` for ya.
G

Gina said...

ROFL... ROOTIN` TOO

Anonymous said...

Rolling on the floor laughing…??? I think he is genuinely serious.

Input:
If you have a feeling of euphoria that overcomes you while attempting the task, why not continue? Although, I have to admit for me I enjoy the interaction with the author that is afforded via a “blogg.” Particularly, the missed opportunity and purpose for furthering clarification, edification and aggravation. That is something that I would have to consider a book would not afford me as the reader.

Output:
Writing, it’s not about the reader! It’s about the artist’s fulfillment of there own personal journey!

Viva la MEDELLIN ! directed by Billy Walsh.
UP with Ontological idealism !!

Anonymous said...

Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability. - Flower A. Newhouse

photoasim said...

You're writting a book. I've read through the post quickly... what kinda book?

What does "Rofl" mean?