Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tiptoeing through the tulips...

A Dickens reference? Really? Uh....OK....

First…I want to say…I appreciate your answering my writing with your thoughts and appreciate you putting what you think out there…and I appreciate your reading my writing as well. Thank you. I don’t have many readers and have even less that will step up…so I do appreciate someone sharing…

As far as responding to what you wrote…

Your first paragraph was simply hard to understand…only thing I really got out of it was that you think I am supposed to be doing something other than expressing my opinion on my own blog. This is incorrect and an assumption on your part. The whole purpose for me to write here is to say something that I think and believe…not to prove anything to anyone…it isn’t even to please or displease…just simply to express thought…this is an expression and if you disagree with my assertion…welp…I am OK with that…in fact…I am quite open to that…but I would appreciate the opposing assertion at least stay in context with what I was talking about…

Most of the rest of what you wrote seemed to be efforts to somehow argue a few of the points I made through my piece…and frankly…the arguing against us having a society that believes in freedom….even though freedom is basically an illusion…a point I have made and referred to in other previous blogs…does not make sense to me.

I personally think this is not a logical argument given the constitution, the declaration of independence, and even in a more recent example…what was expressed and acted upon after the events of 911…from people across this country…

I make the point that our society believes in freedom…not that we are actually free in every way, shape, and form…and honestly…I believe I was pretty clear in my assertions…I made several of them and after rereading what I wrote…I still feel good about it and stand by it. It is in the belief…the very idea…of freedom that we hold our strength and our collective power resides.

As far as your offer of insight for the future…I am not sure what it is that you are referencing because the quotes that you are obviously using from different sources around the Internet are not making a clear and cohesive point in context to what I was writing about or saying. Don’t get me wrong…I am not trying to blow off anyone…but frankly I don’t follow your reasoning or logic in reference to what I wrote and what I was trying to say…you are arguing a point…I get that…but your point is lost to me in part because it strays from the context of the conversation…

Are you arguing that Americans do not believe in freedom? Really? Is that your assertion?

If that is your assertion then I would highly disagree with you. If that is not what you were trying to say then forgive me…because see…that was the point of the piece I wrote…that and the moral of the story being that we “should” believe in freedom and we “should” be working hard to spread that word, belief, and idea around the world. Referring to Saddam Hussein regarding helping his people is like referring to Adolph Hitler helping German Jews by starting the VW company. That just doesn’t make sense to me.

I do not see how Saddam Hussein relates to what organizations like the Peace Corps, an organization who helps people around the world and are manned by Americans and was started by Americans and came forward as an idea and assertion from Americans, and other organizations that Americans help out in like Green Peace, and UNICEF have to do with your reference.

See…this is what I was saying about rhetoric a year ago…when I am writing…I am trying to make a point with my point…it is not about winning to me…it is not about simplistic inconsequential competition. There must be a meaning to the point…otherwise it is superficial and insignificant. It has to mean something to have an impact that is lasting. The power in words is in the ideas and beliefs behind them…it’s not in the strategic manipulation of gaining but in their ability to transform…and in transformation there is lasting meaning and true power…anything else is just…wind…

Namaste
Peace, sunsets, serenity, and prayer…

Just for kicks...



Thought you might get a kick outta this too LOL...This is an example of talking...but just not saying anything \;') blowing wind LOL...
Even Katie Courick is going....uh...what?!?

Enjoy


Watch CBS Videos Online

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm ecstatic to read your response. Had I know, all this time, I just need to write gibberish blather… Still, I couldn’t resist my desire to perpetuate our discourse.


As I was reading your patriotic proclamation, I found myself reflecting on a particular retort of yours. In which you expressed your feelings. -And forgive me if I’m wrong- But, according to you the America’s are an unwise Nation of People. Of which their drug and alcohol dependencies, greed and violent crime degrade… the system endlessly.

Additional Statements;

--- "…We have a country where respect for self is a dying art..." “…the gap between the 'haves' and 'have not’s' has grown so far and so fast. It is escalating...and will only get worse…"
---“…We have people starving to death in the streets of this country...not a third world country...but right here in the good old USA" and "…we are clever hairless little apes…"

I suggest, disparaging and imprecise remarks made about the United States, its citizens and Government leaves this reader and others with serious doubt about your “personal” integrity and the intent and purpose you’ve put forward. (Which, I am certain you will argue to the contrary, by the usual attempt to question the meaning. Or escape into ubiquitous generalizations repeated and repeated.

---- “Am I arguing that Americans do not believe in freedom?”

I would not make that my argument. However, I will argue that a majority of United States citizens no longer can agree on a clear definition of what freedom means. Yet, they are clearly equally divided into two groups arguing about what is not freedom. And I disagree with your definition of freedom as; a mistaken perception, a misinterpretation of an experience.

On the other hand, were you referring to the “Native” Americans? I’m certain that as a group of people living within the United States, they clearly understand how “We the People” have defined freedom, as it applies to them.

---“offer of insight for the future”

What I am trying to convey to you is simple. Give some effort to answer the question's I had put before you. Do you share in the same freedoms as your Father? I suggest looking for the resources that reflect what your senses are telling you. Something contrary to a habitual practice of digesting the interpretations of the talking heads, religious leadership or politicians.

---“I do not see how Saddam Hussein relates…”

That is unfortunate. The fact is, as I said at the beginning of our discussion, that the wannabe writer does not have a need for knowledge of the truth about what is right or good.

Skunk works, Fenians, Cool-aid